Difference between ASP and ASP.NET
1. ASP is interpreted, ASP.NET is compiled.
2. Classic ASP uses a technology called ADO to connect and work with databases. ASP.NET uses the ADO.NET technology
3. ASP has Mixed HTML and coding logic where in asp.net html and coding part are separated by code behind files.
4. ASP.NET purely object oriented whereas ASP is partially object oriented.
5. For ASP No in-built support for XML whereas in ASP.NET full XML Support for easy data exchange.
6. ASP does not have the concept of inheritance.where as ASP.Net web forms inherit the class written in code behind.
7. ASP.Net web applications are configurable (web.config) where it is not in ASP.